kkTrg-zlpmDYP_bho1NKLnEUrXg A Student CRNA Blog: Boards and Job Search?

Friday, March 1, 2013

Boards and Job Search?


Quarter 3 has come to an end and as only two more remain, thoughts about being ready for SEE and boards are making me a little nervous. Reviews using Prodigy anesthesia have made me realize how much I have forgotten from the didactic portion of my school (almost all of it!). Slow and steady study review has begun. Homework is also more focused towards studying for boards which is a big relief! Careplans are still on the to-do list (basically since the first quarter). It looks like all this is going to end like it started...stressful! I am ready for it to be over though. I realized how close I am to finishing when I heard my classmates talking about job hunting. My thoughts about job hunting are scattered all over the place.I am not sure where I want to work, what I need to look for in a place I want to work and everything else that matters. To feel like I did something about it, I updated my CV today to be ready for the time I be needing a job. Then I think am I doing this too early? I haven't even thought about the SEE or more importantly the boards. Would I be able to pass them, would I make it through the last two quarters? I guess we will see. 

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

hello i just discovered your blog. do you have any book suggestions for people to get any idea of what CRNA school is like? i don't want to get myself into something i potentially wouldn't like. i can always shadow a CRNA but i'm also curious as to what the textbooks are like. thanks so much! please keep blogging and much luck to you on your job hunt!

Jag said...

Hi, I haven't heard of a book specifically for that. However, you might find the link to the left interesting. Its formulated by a SRNA and has information for interested students. See if that appears interesting to you.

baba79 said...

Hi, I think that shows confidence. I am stressed out and I have barely made a dent in my program. DO you know where I could get anesthesia review books for cheap?? I am interested in the valley ones and I was looking for a blog, support group people that wanna get rid of their materials. Thanks.

Jag said...

I am not sure about anyone selling valley books. I am heading there this May and will let you know if it is worth it or not.

shix said...

Have you taken the SEE exam yet? If so how was it? I am currently preparing for it & getting very nervous. My school requires us to score >80% of the national average!! Please advice on what you found most helpful while studying for the SEE because i really need/have to excel or i risk delaying my graduation. I graduate in Dec. Thanks!

UA-49287741-1