kkTrg-zlpmDYP_bho1NKLnEUrXg A Student CRNA Blog: It is Official!

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

It is Official!

Hi all,

It is official! I am done with school and done with boards. Officially a CRNA! This was some tough journey and I am so glad it is over. My board preparation was not as efficient as I would have hoped because of some family troubles but it paid off. I had attended Valley Anesthesia review course and had invested in Prodigy program as well. I was asked to take the boards as soon as possible by my future employer so the time I had was limited. I wasn't able to stick to Prodigy's study guides and basically used it to practice "drag and drop", multiple options and "hot spot" questions. My main review source was Valley Anesthesia material. I reviewed the "sweat" book and memory master once each. I didn't feel too good about the exam however, most of the 100 questions I was tested on were from familiar topics. I strongly suggest reviewing Valley anesthesia material multiple times especially memory master.Hope this helps. I will be continuing this blog and be working on writing review questions and material. Thank you all for being with me! :)

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I hope to one day be in your shoes. Thank you for all the helpful hints. Best of luck to you!

Jag said...

Thank you! It was a tough road but totally well worth it! Let me know if you need help and good luck to you too! Don't give in!

Sahyli said...

Wow, congratulations! I wish i would had found your blog before....it's awesome! I'm still an RN struggling to find an ICU job but i definitely see myself as a CRNA someday. Thanks for all the tips. Wish you the best of lucks in your career!!!

Sahyli said...

Wow, congratulations!!!...I wish i would had found your blog before...it's awesome. I'm still an RN struggling to get an ICU job but i definitely see myself as a CRNA someday. Thanks for all the tips. Wish the best of luck in your new career!!!

shix said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!! So happy for you!! I am about to start preparing for boards after my school final (12/3). So you think between valley & prodigy, valley prepared you better for boards??? I am still deciding my plan of action as i will not have a lot of time. My classmates& i will try & take boards before Jan 1 before the pass rate is increased!!! I was thinking of doing same like you-valley sweat book & prodigy exams. What do you think? Again congrats, i can't wait to be where you are!!!

Jag said...

Thanks! Yeah for me, Valley was definitely better. Be sure you do the extra sheet of material they email you a bit after the course. I was not impressed by prodigy at all. There questions are a little too in depth and didn't see any connection with them and my exam.

UA-49287741-1