kkTrg-zlpmDYP_bho1NKLnEUrXg A Student CRNA Blog: Being a CRNA

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Being a CRNA

Hi everyone,

Believe it or not a month has gone by since I started my new job as a CRNA. And it has been amazing! It's just a different feeling knowing you are on your own and have the independence of making your own anesthetic plans. I am at a place where both MDAs and CRNAs work independently. So I fly solo but have someone available to bounce ideas off of if needed. It's a small place but I have been doing all kinds of cases on pediatric, obstetric, and general population. I have also been doing regional anesthesia such as inter scalene and femoral nerve blocks using ultrasound. It's been great learning all the new stuff that I read and can apply to better my anesthetic plan without any interference. In addition to that I love my schedule! My usual work week is three days and a night on-call with post call day off.

I know it's been a while since I got to write for you guys but that will be changing shortly as I will have more time. New thing to look forward is a review book for boards so be sure to like, subscribe and comment.

Thanks for reading! 

1 comment :

Brett said...

Sounds like an excellent job, especially for a new grad. Thanks for the blog, I've been enjoying it... keep posting!

UA-49287741-1